Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Exhaustion

How can I be so tired when in truth I sleep 7-8 hours a night most nights - minus getting up to pee a couple times a night? I'm just flat out tired! I've been blaming this little fetus for being so tired, but I'm starting to think it's my toddler that is making me exhausted, not the fetus! I wish I could reserve all the energy I use in saying "Jackson come here. Jackson, no! Jackson, get in your carseat. Jackson, put away your balls. your toys. your blocks. Get your blankies. your sippie. your pants. Put on a jacket. Put on your shoes. No we can't go outside yet. No we can't go inside yet. No. No. No!" If I could bottle that up I could make a little extra dough. Then I'd hire someone to clean my house. My child. My closets! But alas, I just remain a continuous broken record, and...tired. I suppose it comes with the territory. I just have to wonder, how am I going to manage two?!

1 comment:

Girl In Her Underwear said...

Ha ha! I've already added your blog to my favorites list even though I've just skimmed a few entries.

I can't tell you how you're going to handle two because I've never known what it was like just having one.

I have three children that are two and under. Twin girls that are two and a one year old boy. "Exhaustion" is one of the main words in my vocabulary.

I blog to see the humor in it all. Most of my postings are about my life with 3 although lately it's taken a turn to high school reminiscing.

It really helps to see other moms write about their days so that I don't feel like the only person who ends their day ready to collapse on a pile of toys.