Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mambo No. 5

On the way home from our playdate today, the song Mambo No. 5 came on the radio. This was a one-hit-wonder from the late 90's. It's by Lou Bega. Really catchy, bop around kind of song. The kind of song they play at weddings between YMCA and The Macerena. Anyway, it totally makes you want to dance. So I was sort of bopping in my seat as I drove, grooving my expanding little belly back and forth. I look back and Jackson is totally jamming in his carseat. I have one of those kid-mirrors that lets you look into the backseat while you drive. He's moving back and forth, shaking his head to the rhythm. The song says something about throwing your arms in the air, so he does this and shouts out "arms in the air!" I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face. I so wish I'd gotten it all on camera. It was a priceless moment of my little man getting totally caught up in a grooving song.

I guess Gloria Estafan was right, eventually, the rhythm is gonna get ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»