Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My little Aussie


Anyone with a child over the age of say 6 months old, and who owns a TV or a video rental card, knows who The Wiggles are. For those not in the know, The Wiggles are the biggest grossing entertainment act out of Australia. Bigger than Nicole Kidman, Russel Crowe, Keith Urban, or even Oliva Newton-John. They are also just 4 average middle aged guys who sing, dance, and teach kids life lessons like sharing and eating healthy ("Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy!"). Anyway, my son is a huge Wiggles fan. He loves to dance and sing to their CD and their TV Show on Disney. If I ask him if he'd like fruit salad for lunch he replies by singing the Fruit Salad song. Truly, they are huge. I have a point to this, I promise, stay with me. My son also loves cars. This is a word he's been saying for over a year now, and he says it perfectly in American-English. UNLESS he's referring to a car that has a color. Then he pronounces it with an Australian Accent - for example "Purple Caww!!" or "Red Caww!" You see, The Wiggles biggest hit song is called "Big Red Car" and when they sing this song, they of course sing it with an Aussie accent. So my son now tells me he wants to play with his "Purple Caww!" Not Purple Car. Caww!! You get my drift. My 2 year old thinks he's Australian.

g'day mate

1 comment:

Girl In Her Underwear said...

Is it sad or funny that I've also posted pieces about The Wiggles? I think it was mainly about how I have their songs going through my head all day long. When I wake up at night and can't sleep I'm thinking, "Fruit Salad. Yummy. Yummy."