Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My son is two


Two. My son is two. 2 years ago this past week my water broke with Jackson. 18 hours later Jackson James arrived, timely on his due date, May 5, 2004. He came screaming into this world, joining my own yell to evict him from his cozy home of the past 9 (10) months . It was the most beautiful and miraculous (and painful!) moment of my life. I can remember vividly, like it was yesterday, Shawn and I sitting in the hospital and we'd both break into tears, caught unaware by the love and emotion that filled us just by looking at him. Even to this day I find myself dancing with my son or playing trains or reading Goodnight Moon, and tears will well because I have such immense love for this little man. He has made me a better person, a better wife, a better friend, and hopefully a 1/2-way decent mama. In so many ways he is still my little tiny baby. I have a hard time when someone refers to him as a little boy. But I also know he's not a baby any longer -- especially as he has started to say to me "pat pat baby" as he pats my tummy with his little brother or sister growing inside. I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone. Slow down little man, it's all going by way too fast!

Link to Jackson's 2nd birthday party

No comments: