Monday, June 12, 2006

Quiet giggles


I put Jackson down for nap 20 minutes ago. It's been very quiet. I assumed, after a long morning of swimming, that he was conked out. Wrong! Suddenly I hear the silliest, most euphoric giggles coming from his room. That and a verse of "Fruit Salad" by the Wiggles. A few more giggles. A few more Wiggles. He's obviously not sleeping. But it makes me smile to hear him entertaining himself. To hear that something is making him laugh that isn't me or his Dad. It shows me more and more how grown up he's getting. How independent. How very much a toddler he is It makes me want to run in there, swoop him up into a tickle-fit, and see what's so dang funny. But I just sit here listening to the laughter and the song, and adoring this sweet little man of mine...from afar. This is his time right now.

No comments: