Monday, July 10, 2006

Jackson's got a truck on his head

We're big Laurie Berkner fans in our house. She's a great children's entertainer, but not so annoying that we adults can't rock out to her now and again, too. Her songs are catchy and intelligent - well, most of them are anyway. I have a girlfriend who every time she calls me she sings me a chorus from one of Laurie's CDs. We got her daughter the DVD/CD for her birthday and apparently they are big fans now, too! One of her best songs (in my honest opinion) is "Pig on her head."
A sampling of the lyrics:
Laurie's got a pig on her head
Laurie's got a pig on her head
Laurie's got a pig on her head And she keeps it there all day
What does a pig say? oink, oink!
Brian has a dog on his head
Brian has a dog on his head
Brian has a dog on his head And he keeps it there all day
What does a dog say? woof, woof! ......
Everybody put your hands on your head
Everybody put your hands on your head
Everybody put your hands on your head And keep them there all day
....Clap your hands clap clap your hands Clap your hands clap clap your hands Clap your hands clap clap your hands Clap clap clap awayyyyyyy

Catchy, eh? I was reminded of this song today when I went to check on Jackson during nap-time. He was sound asleep. With a large plastic dump truck on his head. And a rocket ship in his hand. He was obviously playing before he fell asleep. And I mean seconds before he fell asleep. The truck was laying on his head, his hand still gripping the front bumper. The rocket ship was mid-flight. I mean, his hand was slightly raised as if he had been launching the rocket (over the truck I guess?) and he conked out mid-take-off. And so I've been singing "Jackson's got a truck on his head, Jackson's got a truck on his head, and he keeps it there all day!" Actually, I did remove the truck from his head, and the rocket ship from his hand. But I've still got that song filtering through my head.

1 comment:

Kim (Will's mom) said...

alright, I'm officially blaming you for having these dang songs in my head! I got this CD after reading your blog and Will loves them. Too much! Right now he loves the Red Caboose song. Choo Choo! And he likes the clean up song too. Too bad he doesn't listen to it and actually clean up!

Miss you girl. :)

Kim