Thursday, July 06, 2006

Remembering you small


This morning I'm remembering Jackson as an infant. I mean really an infant. Newborn. I guess having this other little boy inside me is making me nostalgic for that baby stage. Good thing since it's about to hit us full force in a few more months!

Jackson, you were so beautiful, the moment you were born. Everyone said so. You just didn't look like a newborn usually does - squished and redfaced. OK, maybe a little redfaced, like a little old man, but still, beautiful. We were in such awe of you. We still are. I can hardly believe that another little boy is going to be joining our family soon. It's hard for me to grasp that he's not going to be you. Odd, I know. I guess once he gets here it will seem more "real" and your personas will separate. You will both have these little individual personalities. And you two, well, I think you'll become the best of friends. I hope so. And I hope he's as beautiful and dear as you were as an infant -- and still are. Well, truly, how could he not be?

No comments: