Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2 minutes

I have two minutes to myself. That's something. Holden's napping - due for a feed any minute now, but why wake a sleeping babe? My croupy (yes, CROUP again!) 2-1/2 year old is in the tub going "swimming." Yes, I can hear him and he's just next door. He's singing and splashing. So I'm taking 2 minutes to myself. And what do I do? I type my blog about my boys. Sigh...

It's been a rather rough week. Holden is very cranky lately. He is either eating, sleeping or fussing. I'm not sure we've seen a lot of happy baby in the past week or so. I've got about a 10 minute window between nursing and napping when he's a happy kid. Then he bunches up his sweet little face and cries. I know, I know, 6 weeks is the toughest age (or so my books tell me) for an infant. But this is hard with Jackson having the croup again. Luckily he manages it much better as a toddler than he did as an infant (and yes, I can still hear him singing in the tub - LOUDLY!). He sleeps through the cough, so that is a bonus. But he wakes extra early and he won't go back. So after a 5:30 feeding for Holden (his 4th of the night mind you), Jackson woke up at 6. So I guess we were all up and awake. I'm not feeling very functional to be honest. But I guess somedays you just have to survive, as T tells me. Some weeks you just make it through...

Ooops! 2 minutes up. Mr. Fussy-britches wants to eat. Well, at least Mr. Croupy-pants is still happily singing in the tub...

No comments: