Friday, January 26, 2007

They're listening

Jackson told me today "I'm so proud of you mommy!"

I have no idea why. I just think it's funny that he said that, because once again I'm reminded, he's listening to every single word we say. (note to self and dear husband: watch our language!).

I tell him I'm proud of him daily for one thing or another.
"You ate your carrots? I'm so proud of you!"
"You sat on the potty? I'm so proud of you!"
"You took your plate to the sink? I'm so proud of you!"
"You looked at me cutely? I'm so proud of you!"

You get the point. My mom pointed out to me that when Jackson goes to preschool next fall he's going to be perplexed why no one applauds his every move. Maybe I should lay off the praise just a little bit. I mean, good grief, I think I was drying my hair when he told me he was proud of me. Maybe I was having a really good hair day. Maybe my hair drying didn't interfere with "The Higglytown Heroes." Maybe it was that I actually took the time to properly dry my hair. Who knows. I'm glad my son is proud of me, 'cause I'm darn proud of him, too.

No comments: