Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I am a good mommy

I've had a lot of self doubt lately. Taking care of 2 boys under the age of 3 is a lot of work (duh!) and I've been unsure of my skills and how I'm managing. Plus I'm totally sleep deprived. That makes for a cranky mommy. But as I have watched my happy boys over the past few days I've realized I AM a good mommy. The news lately has had some horrific stories of what I would term "bad moms." I can't even really talk about the stories without getting upset, but suffice it to say, the children I've read about recently are no longer living with their "bad mommies." I'm not one of those moms. I love my children unconditionally. I take care of them. I play with them. I do their laundry, make their beds, wipe their faces, change their diapers (yes, even Jackson's - he's still not PT'd!), do art projects and cooking projects, play trains and cars, slide at he park, do the itsy-bitsy spider, make up silly songs and dances, get up with them at all hours of the night, and kiss their sweet faces in the morning even if I've only had a total of 4 hours of sleep the night before. I am mad about these boys. And hopefully they are mad about me, too. Tonight I slipped in to kiss Jackson good night after Daddy put him to bed (thank you honey!) and he turned to me from his sleepy haze, wrapped his tiny arms around me, told me he had fun going to the home depot today, and most importantly, that he loved me. Oh man. That just makes my world.

I love you, too, little man. You boys are what make me a good mommy. And oh yeah, your Daddy is one great Daddy, too.

Holden doing the "Hiney Dance" (a dance we made up)


Jackson eating the "homemade ice-cream" we made last week

- frozen strawberries blended with yogurt - yum!


Holden, my littlest chap!

Jackson, "refusing" to nap...except that he eventually did


Two boys in a tub (sans water)

No comments: