Friday, March 23, 2007

My turn

Everyone says Jackson is a spitting image of Shawn. They are correct. They're baby pictures mek them look like twins. And Holden has also been given the "look-just-like-my-daddy" seal of approval - everyone says he too looks like his Daddy. They are correct. The look like twins. But lately I'm starting to see a change in him. Holden I mean. He's starting to look more like me in small ways. I was caught off guard by this picture of him because it looked so similar to my own baby picture. At last. It is my turn to claim one of these two children. I mean, after all, I did grow them. And went through two grueling, though wildly different deliveries. And nursed them. And take care of them 24/7 (along with Shawn's help of course, but that is besides the point). I deserve to have something of "me" come through in at least one them, right??


2 comments:

Luca Anthony said...

Oh my gosh, Amy, I swear I was reading your first post and thought "Wow! Holden really looks like mommy" And then I scroll down to see your baby pictures matched. Very cool! And indeed, Holden does look very much like you. :)

Julie & Luca

Tales from the Crib said...

Ah, thanks Julie!