Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Papa's got a brand new car (and other musings)

Shawn's gone green. He bought himself a Toyota Prius - a hybrid vehicle. It's a pretty sweet ride I must admit. The coolest part is the entry and starting up. There's no key. Just a little key-fob that you carry with you. The car senses when you are near and you simply push a button and the car starts. I'm excited for him to have a fun new toy. His little Civic was a nice car - we just got it a year and a half ago new. But for a guy who commutes to work daily, it didn't have much power and it was really loud. So he decided to splurge on something he's always wanted (or at least always wanted as long as they've been around) -- a hybrid vehicle. Cool.

A rare picture of myself with one of my boys. Jackson and I goofing off after our zoo day yesterday. Oh man, I love this kid. (ps - still doing great on potty training - woo hoo!)

Holden, chilling out, eating some grub. I can hardly believe this little guy is almost 6 months old. I swear it feels like just yesterday I had him. He is becoming so fun and funny - he has as squawk like a pterodactyl. It's damn cute!

I call this picture "a plate full of choking hazards." OK, that isn't funny since he actually did choke on a hot dog a few weeks ago (he's fine, but scared the poo out of Shawn and me). But I noticed that almost everything on his plate is considered a choking hazard for small children - turkey hot dogs, whole grapes, mini carrots (and some tomatoes - those aren't hazardous).

Bad mommy!

And finally, Holden's first ride in a swing. He wasn't sure of it at first, then he just sort of chilled out and enjoyed the ride. Again, the squawking was outrageous.

I really think he looks a lot like a "Broome-child" in this picture. Our genes live on!!



peace out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can one actually get ROAD RAGE in a hybrid vehicle??

Tales from the Crib said...

LOL Erika - this has to be YOU! ;-)