Friday, June 15, 2007

Over the river...

...and through the woods, to Nana's house he goes...

Jackson is off to Nana's for his first ever overnight weekend trip with anyone except mom and dad. Nana's been wanting to do this for a long time and finally we feel Jackson is ready. Not sure if we are. But he is.

She lives about 2 hours away, so we are hoping it is a smooth evening. I've packed his necessities - his 2 blankies and pillow, a sippy cup, 4 pairs of underwear, 3 changes of clothes, 2 pairs of jammies, 7 books, 2 cars, one portable potty, one step-stool for hand washing, and a little surprise for Nana...some of the pictures of the boys taken below (the good ones) for her to frame. We will meet up with them on Sunday in the Springs for a nice Father's day brunch/lunch. Until then I will *try* to enjoy the quiet and solitude of having only an infant to care for. I will *try* not to miss him too much. I will *try* not to cry thinking of him ...oh well, too late for that. I shed a couple of small tears when they drove away. My baby. My baby ain't a baby anymore. He's grown up enough for an overnight trip. He's grown up enough to not even miss us. He hopped into Nana's car as soon as I got the car seat installed and barely gave me a kiss as he drove away, happily waving to me.

OK Amy, buck it up. It's just 48 little hours. You can do this. You can.

No comments: