Monday, July 23, 2007

WHY!?!??!

Why can't my children coordinate their nap schedule?? Why? Why? WHY!??!?! Jackson rarely naps any more. Yesterday we had a knock-down-drag-out fight about it because he was so tired and he needed to nap. We were having the neighbors over in the evening for dinner and we knew our Jackson would be a mess if he didn't nap. But he refused. REFUSED! So no nap, he was up later than norm, but he and Jackson-next-door did get along well and left us adults to sample our mini-wine-tasting so that was good. But today he was totally out of it. He threw three tantrums in the space of 2 hours. He also woke up his brother from his AM nap with his tantrum, so that meant TWO tired, cranky boys.

So we got home from our errands today and I immediately put Holden down to nap. He was so tired. Jackson and I ate lunch. Then I read him a few stories, and kissed him good night. He was asleep in less than 5 minutes... at which point, I hear the youngest child crying for me. ARGH!!! Why?!? Why was he awake? He napped for an hour max and was grouchy. I tried nursing him back to sleep. No-go. I tried letting him fuss himself to sleep. No-go. So he is up. Jackson is asleep and Holden, my super-napper, is awake. He's watching me type and whining. I better go entertain. WHY!?!?!?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh man, I see what I have to look forward too! Sorry for the rough day!

Tales from the Crib said...

Yep, it's all downhill from here. OK, just kidding. It's all SO worth it. Can't wait for your birthstory!! :-)