Friday, August 31, 2007

Big enough crib

Holden - my sweet. Today when I went into your room after your nap, you peered up at me with such innocence and sweetness. You were snuggling your bear and giggling quietly, your eyes as bright and as wide as stars. Your dimple visible, even in the semi-darkness. My son, I can tell you that all I wanted to do was crawl into the tiny little crib with you and snuggle close to you. If it were big enough I would have. I can promise you that. But instead, of course, I lifted you out and held you to me. I breathed in your soft, baby smell. You ran your fingers through my tangled hair and reached with a big, toothy mouth to kiss me. The world was quiet, just you and me, and you made my heart melt (as you so often do). I so wish that crib were big enough for us both, my sweet.

No comments: