Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Why?

The "Why's" have started. Jackson says "Why?" to every thing that comes out of my mouth. I heard this would happen, but I never expected it to be as exhausting and as exhilarating as it is. On the one hand, it is awesome to hear the vocabulary explosion that comes from my little man's mouth every day. On the other hand, it gets tiring having an answer to every thing. And every answer is usually followed by another "why?!"

Example conversation from our drive earlier today:

J - Why are there train tracks?
Me - So the train has something to ride on?
J - Why?
Me - So it can get to the next town.
J - Why?
Me - Because that's where it is driving to.
J - Why?
Me - So the train can deliver the goods to all the boys and girls.
J - Why?
Me - Because they like to have things
J - Why?
Me - Because little boys and girls like to get presents
J - Cool!

My goal is to try and stump him. When I get a resolution to the questions, such as "cool!" then I feel a small little victory on my behalf. Like somehow I won some sort of contest over my 3 year old son. Oh boy, I gotta get a hobby.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh you just described my life as well! It's crazy. The other day she asked me why the sky was blue. I told her I didn't know. She said "Daddy will". Whatever! Of course, he did (and now I know too).

Tales from the Crib said...

Ah, leave it to Gary to actually know why the sky is blue! And don't you love when they play the "Daddy" card?!?!? xox