Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Car crash


Jackson is into crashing his cars. I'm sure most boys go through this. He takes it a bit to the extreme though. Recently he asked me, as we were coming to a stop at a stoplight, if I would please crash my car into the car in front of me. Um, no, I don't think so. He was confused and innocently asked me why not. Ho hum. But he does take it all very seriously. He piles up every single one of his 3,452 toy cars (none in the recent slew of recalls mind you - Mattel is ticking me off lately, but that's a rant for another day) into one big pile, and then admires them throughout the day. If Holden happens to pull himself up to the table they are stacked on and moves one, Jackson instantly knows and comes running into the room to first reprimand his brother, and second, to place the car exactly where it was in the car crash. Holden usually looks at him bewildered because really, he just wanted to chew on the car, not get involved in an altercation. But precision is the name of the game, and don't even think about messing with how this kid has his crash set up. If you happen upon his crash my recommendation is to keep on walking . Don't stop, just keep moving. And if you happen to be driving with him in a real car, don't listen to his driving advice.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Jackson has a future as an insurance adjuster. His obsession with keeping the wreck precisely intact will definitely be a plus in case re-enactments. :-P

Tales from the Crib said...

LOL! I was hoping maybe for an engineer out of all of this ;-)