Sunday, October 28, 2007

Birthday Bliss

Thursday was Holden's first birthday. We celebrated with a pancake breakfast and presents. Friday was Holden's well-baby check up. He received 6 (count 'em, 6!) shots. He was not happy about that. Our wee-one is a peanut. He sort of fell off the growth charts so we're going to work on fattening him up. Don't we all wish we had this kind of problem?? He's now downing a can of calorie-loaded Pediasure daily. It's not cheap, believe me, so we have dubbed it Holden's "Champagne." But I'm not worried about his weight (and neither is Dr E - yet...). He's really taken to eating solids in the last couple of weeks so we feel confident that by 15 months he'll have packed on some pounds and we can go back to regular milk.

On Saturday we had a little birthday brunch with family and a few close friends. It was a perfect day for our big guy. Grammy, Nana and Grandpa all made the trip down to celebrate with us. And the Pike's and the Weik's also joined us for the celebration. It was a perfect size party. All the kids had a ball. Especially the birthday boy, who didn't go to bed until 8:30 that night!! It was such a celebratory day. It still boggles my mind that he is a year old. It seems like yesterday that we first brought him home with us. But I suppose that must be how all parents feel, even as their children hit the ripe old age of 34.

I have nothing else poignant to add, so here are some pics of the festivities!

Polka-dot mayhemOhhhh, I get to open it!

Oh wow! An airplane - so cool!

A lesson in sharing

Happy boy

My 3 men

Birthday Prince

The Prince and his Grammy

The Prince and his Mommy

Daddy's boy

Ally, Holden's future bride

Nana, Grandpa, and Grammy....and a very uncertain Holden

The life of any party, Owen and Mr. Robb!

Jackson, showing Daddy how to put the toy together
(did I mention how many toys our baby boy received????!!!???)
Grandpa and Holden

Seriously Mom, this crown is ridiculous!
Please, please help me...please take this silly crown off my head

Owen, Lilly, Jackson J and Jackson G, chowing down on cake

Jackson, doing a little yard work

I'm so close to walking!

My boys, in their own little world. I love this picture.

No comments: