Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mushy

Warning: My baby is a year next week, so the following week of blog posts will likely be mushy, emotional, weepy and all around sappy. I'm in serious denial that my baby is going to be one. I ordered his cake yesterday (we are having a small family brunch with family and a few close friends) and I felt like a spaz. It took me 30 minutes to decide on a white cake with chocolate frosting. What a dork. And I'm a little disappointed in myself that I'm not making the cake, but since I'm catering a brunch for 11 adults and 5 children, I cut myself some slack and took the easy way out with regards to the cake. But I digress. I'm not ready to accept that I'm saying goodbye to infanthood and hello to toddlerhood. He's not walking yet but I could see it happen sometime in the next month. He's trying. And soon will follow all the things that make 12+ months so much fun -- walking, talking, running, learning, singing, dancing (he's already got this one down), etc. There's a whole new world out there waiting for him. And I'm just not ready to let him have it yet.

No comments: