Friday, October 05, 2007

Spiders on the brain

I'm feeling very creepy, crawly today. A few weeks ago my neighbor told me her husband found a black widow spider in their bathroom. YUCK! I was sort of shocked. But we do live near some undeveloped open space, so there are critters out there. But I don't expect them inside my house! Then last weekend my other neighbor found a black widow on their front door. Double YUCK! It was a baby, but the tell tale red markings were there. Then this morning as I was taking the lid off Jackson's sandbox I noticed a black widow clinging to the house! Triple YUCK! This really freaked me out. Now, granted, this one was dead. We had an exterminator out just a couple of weeks ago because we had ants feasting on all the food Holden drops during mealtimes. So I'm thankful the spider was passed its prime. But it certainly has given me the heebie-jeebies. Then, to top if off, I was getting some canned pears for the boys' lunch and there was a tiny baby spider on one of the canned pears! What the heck!?!? Is this some sort of pre-Halloween prank?!? Needless to say I did not feed the boys the pears. But it made me wonder about any other canned fruit I've given them as of late. Blech! And I keep feeling things crawling on me even when they aren't. YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

No comments: