Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What I love about turning 34

At 34 I weight 40 pounds less than I did at 33

I have three men who fight over my attention daily

I still have my own, original teeth

My husband still can surprise me (thanks for the new earrings honey)

I got birthday cards and/or email from friends I knew when I was 4, 14, 24, and 34

I own my car, outright and clear

I don't miss having a "real job" (well, maybe I miss the coffee breaks and gossip)

I have sisters who I call my friends

I have a mother who I call my friend

My dad's birthday card to me made me laugh out loud

Cake

I have wrinkles and stretch marks and I've earned them

I'm young enough to remember when the Smurfs debuted on Saturday morning TV

I'm old enough to remember watching Wonder Woman on TV

Yesterday I wore a shirt I bought when I was 17...and it fits

People take me seriously if I make my "I'm and angry mom/customer/woman/driver/wife" face

I own a staple gun and I'm not afraid to use it

I no longer have to decorate with just twine and a few dried flowers (T and D will get this one)

Real furniture

I can laugh at myself daily

I'm not 40

I'm also not 35


Happy Birthday to ME!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Sorry we played phone tag all day, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!
Love, Kimi

Tales from the Crib said...

HUGS Kimi! I'm sorry I missed you, too. It was a crazy day. But thank you for the calls!! love you!!!

Terri said...

Happy (belated) birthday, you young punk! :-P

Tales from the Crib said...

I know, I am a punk aren't I Terri ;-) Thanks for the well wishes!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Woman! Sorry I didn't remember when I saw you at the pool. You are the most gorgeous 34 year old woman EVER!:)

Love,
Lisa

Tales from the Crib said...

Ah, thanks Lisa! no worries -- I'm just bummed we missed getting to swim! We'll have to go again soon. Thanks for the well wishes, young'un!