Monday, November 12, 2007

Twitterpaited

Twitterpaited: the feeling one gets when one gets butterflies in one's stomach when something good happens to one. For example: "I was twitterpaited when I drove home Friday night." Twitterpaited.

My husband is going to kill me. This is a sampling of an email he sent my friend TaShawna after our first date (mine and Shawn's first date, not TaShawna and my first date) eight years ago today. I came across this while looking for an old picture of Shawn and I together. Why? Because 8 years ago today he and I went on our first date together. He picked me up, we met TaShawna and Darron for drinks, then saw "A Game of Love and Chance" at the Seattle Repertory Theatre. Then we had a bite to eat with Robb and Lisa. Apparently he was "twitterpaited" after this date. I know I was. When he drove me home that night I boldly made the first move and planted a smooch on his lips. That was it for me. I was over the moon. And by the looks of the above email, he was over the moon about me, too. We were inseparable from that day on. We moved in together 3 months later. We were engaged 9 months later. We were married a year and a half later. Well, you know the rest. Love. Marriage. Baby Carriage. L.O.V.E.


I love you honey. I'm hope you still feel twitterpaited. I know I do.


No comments: