Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow, children, freckles, and beer

We've spent the weekend playing with the new camera. Here are some sample shots of nothing particular, and of course my bantering comments.

Our front porch after Saturday morning's fresh snowfall. The crispness of that red bow rocks. I love this camera. (it's a Pentax K10d, since my sister asked)


My first born, caught in the light from the window in our upstairs loft. I love how the background Christmas lights are sort of blurred. This is what I'm talking about!


My freckles. Seriously, I had no idea I had this many freckles. Shawn said as much as well. This camera picks up amazing detail...not that my freckles are amazing, I just don't show them off very often (that's why I spend a small fortune on foundation honey).


My baby's hands opening a cd jewel case. Nothing spectacular except that they are my baby's hands. His adorable, chubby, perfect little hands (the only part of my pea that is chubby).


Yes, that's a bottle of Guinness behind the candle holder. I like how the bow looks in perspective to the bottle. I like the richness of color. I like the detail of the stars. I like Guinness.

2 comments:

ECHeasley said...

great shots. Makes me want to pull out my pentax 35mm.

Tales from the Crib said...

come on Liz - join my photography hysteria!!! :-)