Friday, January 11, 2008

Joel McHale

Joel McHale has the best job in the entire world. I say this every Friday night at 8:01 PM. This is the exact moment that my weekend begins. With side-splitting laughter. It's silly, I know. But Joel McHale is the host of "The Soup" on the E Channel. It is a frivolous, silly show in which its host, Joel McHale, does a rehash of the best of the worst on TV each week. And it is freaking hilarious.

We don't watch a ton of TV in our house. We each have the shows we love: Jackson - anything on Playhouse Disney; Shawn - anything on ESPN; Me - anything decorating or food related and "Grey's Anatomy." But not watching a lot of TV doesn't mean I don't secretly adore and love TV. I do. And I really love trash TV. If I thought it would be acceptable and wouldn't emotionally scar my children or my marriage I would watch reality and/or trash TV all day and all night and never tire of it. But seeing as how I don't do that because I love my children and value my marriage, I get all my trash TV summed up for me in thirty tidy minutes every week on "The Soup" starring Joel McHale. This man actually gets paid to rehash all the worst moments on TV each week. And Shawn and I get to sit back on a Friday night with a beer and a glass of wine, both kids asleep, and laugh our asses off watching him. And that is why Joel McHale has the best job in the entire world.

Oh yeah, and Joel is from Seattle, so he gets extra props for that.

2 comments:

Amy said...

He was at my friend's wedding (here in Seattle) and is even funnier, nicer and cuter in person!

Tales from the Crib said...

What?!?!? You actually got to meet him? I'm so envious! :-)