Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Change is in the air

Is it true? Is there a change afoot? Could my son really, honestly, truly love me!?!?? Could he actually love the woman who gave birth to him (very painful birth I might add), nursed him, changed him, fed him, potty trained him. She who continues to prepare every other meal for him (the other meals are prepared my strangers in restaurants), washes his sheets and clothes, and folds them neatly just so his brother can pull them out of the drawer with a fling as if it were a fun game, helps him brush his teeth, wipes his tooshy, makes him chocolate milk, reads him the same story 18 times in a row, takes him to the park and the zoo and the library and playdates and school, plays trucks and trains and cars and boats and Rescue Heroes, and all things boy-like all day and all night long? Could this child, who adores his father more than anyone else in the entire world and has no problems displaying this eternal love much to the hurt feelings of his 34 year old mother who should know better than to have her feelings hurt by a 3-almost-4-year old who chooses Daddy even when Daddy isn't around, actually be turning a corner in his adoration for his mother?!!? Is it true...

I kissed him good night last night and he proclaimed:

"I'm not going to wipe this kiss off like I usually do Mommy."

Yup. I think he loves me after all.

3 comments:

ECHeasley said...

as long as he doesn't try to "kiss you the other way". I kid you not that's what Leah told me tonight as she tried to kiss me with her mouth open. Blech!

Tales from the Crib said...

Um, ewww...gross! I think you better watch out for her Liz!

Katie said...

Good going Jackson! Boys are very strange with their love aren't they? Ethan is my cuddler, just loves to hug and kiss everyone. Owen was not a cuddly baby, even now he won't sleep in my arms unless dead tired. But in the last 2 weeks he's started hugging and kissing when you ask. Like Liz said above though, Owen kisses openmouth and usually licks you as well! Blech, but I'll take it all, just to hold him longer! Boys are good to their mommy's though!