Monday, February 25, 2008

HEY!

This morning on the way home from the gym the boys were yapping in the back. Suddenly I yelled out:

"HEY!!!"

They both stopped cold. Jackson sheepishly asked:

"What mommy?"

I replied:

"No, HAY! Look, hay!"

Driving down the road was a big truck loaded down with hay. For some reason both boys found this hysterical and screamed with laughter. To be fair, I think Holden was just laughing at Jackson's laughter. But Jackson was practically rolling in his car seat and shrieking:

"Again! Again!"

So I repeated "HAY!" the entire way home. Over and over and over again, much to his excitement. And Holden's. I have no idea why this was so funny. But they thought it was a riot. I love that.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, this is priceless! Cracking up at their first exposure to a homophone! Their second grade teachers are going to LOVE these boys! Thanks for sharing this backseat moment with us.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo