Friday, February 08, 2008

Welcome baby Zain

Lisa, my oldest friend in the world (meaning she's not old, in fact, she's 13 days younger than me, but we've been friends for a million years so that makes her my oldest friend) welcomed her newest son Zain into the world early this morning. Lis was scheduled for a C at 7:30 this morning but sweet baby Zain couldn't wait. He sent his mama into labor at 9pm last night and was born just after 12:30 this morning. I couldn't be happier for Lis, Ali, Adam and now baby Zain. He's a miracle baby in the truest sense of the word. I can't wait to gaze upon his golden face. Lisa is an amazing mother, whom I admire beyond words for her patience, kindness and gentleness. How lucky Ali is to have her as a wife. And how lucky her boys are to have her as their mama.

As I mentioned, Lis and I have known each other forever -- since Mrs. Hudson's Kindergarten class back in 1979/80. We've stuck together like glue through just about every thick and thin a friendship can go through, and have come out stronger as a result. Imagine 29 years of friendship and still going strong. What a blessing her friendship is to me in my life. Especially now that we are both mama's of two exquisite little boys each.

Welcome to the world baby Zain. We've all been waiting for you. Thank you for making it such a brighter world to live in.

Hugs Lis - I love you and your clan. xoxo

******************
Lisa, Adam, Jackson and Me in 2005.
I can't wait to see us together with all 4 of our boys one day soon.
(assuming Jackson doesn't try and clobber Adam like he did last summer)



No comments: