Thursday, March 20, 2008

So You


This picture is so you Jackson. Outspoken. Messy. A little disheveled. Having your say. With a slight bit of decorum thrown in (ahem, the turtleneck says it all). You.

This past week has had a lot of ups and downs for us big guy. I can see you are edging into four with grace. It will be here before we know it. But you are also struggling with giving up that side of you that is still toddler-ish. You aren't sure always how to express your frustrations or reactions to the world you live in. And honestly I don't always know how to help you through those struggles. It is challenging for both of us. All of us I should say. You are very strong willed my son. It is the single trait about you that I adore and worry about at the same time. But in the moments of darkness I also see your light. Your sweetness is addictive. Your thoughtfulness is genuine. You really do want to make others smile. I look to those moments when we are struggling to see eye to eye. And I know that at the end of the day there is only love there between us.

No comments: