Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Guppy

Jackson finished his "Guppy" level swim lessons today. He made some strides from his previous life as a Minnow. He can now put his head under water, understands water safety, and can "bob to the stairs." Though his teacher did quite politely ask that he repeat this level so he can complete the other areas of expertise before moving onto the next level ;-)

As much as J loves the bath, and splashing around at our neighborhood pool, I don't think Olympic swimming is in his future. There is a trust level he has to work out between himself, the water and his teacher. He'll get there eventually, I know it. He's a determined little fish. All in all, though, my goal in putting him in lessons is to give him a comfort level in the water, and an overall respect for the water while he is in it. I'm super proud of him and can't wait to see him progress. My little Guppy.







No comments: