Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Skipp'n Town

I'm leaving, on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again...

OK, well, really I'll be back Sunday evening. But I leave tomorrow for my first real grown-ups only trip since having my boys. By myself. I've only been away from Jackson a handful of times overnight, including two hospital stays for Holden. And I've never been away from Holden. I will miss my boys, I know, but I think I need this trip. I think I've earned this trip.

I'm heading back "home" to Seattle for a girl's weekend. I'll be spending a couple of days with my wonderful, awesome dear friend TaShawna, and her gorgeous family. And also catching up with a few other nears and dears on Thursday night. Then Friday I head out on a weekend cruise with all the gals I used to work with at RealNetworks a blue moon ago (or three years ago to be exact). There are 10 of us heading out to sea on Friday, returning to dock on Sunday morning. It is going to be a quick trip that will surely fly by in a moment, but I know it is going to feel so good to be back "home" in the company of my long lost girlfriends.

And I know come Sunday morning I'll be jonesing for my hubby and for my boys. A perfect little get away with a perfect little welcome home come Sunday evening. A special thanks and shout out to my Mama who is helping Shawn out with the boys while I'm gone. She is the best.

Bon Voyage!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Is that TTU Tashawna? If so, say "hi" for me. :-)

Liz said...

Hi, stopped by via 5280! I haven't spent a night away from my 2 year old yet... it might be time...

Tales from the Crib said...

YES Terri, the very one! I mean, really, how many TaShawna's can there be in this world??! She and Darron have 3 gorgeous girls now. We had a blast.

Hi Liz! Thanks for stopping by. I totally recommend the "Mommy Vacation" -- but it did take me 4 years to indulge! Ha ha.