Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Home, at last


It is raining today, and reminds me a of a place I once called home. But you know what -- this, Colorado, is home to me. I feel that now. It took going back for me to realize that. I am glad to find a peace with it. I love the sunshine here. The park across the street. Calling up Lisa next door for an impromptu playdate. Taking Jackson to preschool yesterday. Riding bikes at the park. Digging in the sandbox with Holden. Watering my plants yesterday evening (I didn't realize it would rain today). Ordering Stumpy's veggie combo pizza for dinner last night and savoring every single delicious bite - it is the best pizza I've ever had in my life, here, there, or anywhere. Snuggling up with my hubby for boring old Tuesday night TV -- and loving the quiet and the closeness. Falling asleep in my own deliciously squishy bed. Driving home from the airport on Sunday the Rocky Mountains called to me and I completely responded ...yeah, I missed you guys, too... I told them. And I did. I'm anxious to meet up with my playgroup Mamas on Friday. See how much the kiddos have grown in a week. I look forward to Lilly Pike's "Princess and Pirates" birthday party on Saturday with the boys. I am anxious to get out and photograph the Columbines in my yard that are about to bloom, I hope. All things that are Colorado to me.

Because, yes, at last, this is feeling like home to me.

No comments: