Things I said I would never do as a mother... that I have done:
- Pour bowls of cereal and excitedly called it "breakfast-for-dinner!"
- Did Cry It Out - desperate for sleep I did this "no-no" with both my boys around the 9 month mark...and low and behold, it worked...
- Stay in my jammies all day long (only a couple of times, but I admit it)
- Allow my boys to stay in their jammies all day long
- Yelled at my children
- Put my children to bed before their usual bedtime (and told them it was bedtime)
- Pop in a movie just so there would be quiet
- While I'm at it, allow the boys to watch far more TV than I expected I would
- Leave the house without diapers
- Give the boys juice before the age of two
Things I said I would always do that I sometimes don't:
- Make beds
- Clean toilets weekly
- Read to the boys every day (though, yes, most days I do)
- Wash the kids sheets weekly (or ours for that matter)
- Serve veggies with every meal
- Have outlet covers on every outlet
- Have my children clean up their toys every day at the end of the day
- Stop using sippy cups by 2 years of age (yeah right)
- Stop nursing or giving a bottle by one year of age (yeah right)
- Count to ten before I raise my voice
Love my children, unconditionally, and give thanks for them in my life every single day. Especially on the bad days. I cannot imagine my life without those two precious and amazing boys. It shocks me still that Shawn and I made such perfect little people.
Happy Mother's Day, to all the awesome Mamas out there!! (And a little extra thanks to my hubby for partnering with me on this whole parent thing. Your day is next month honey but you deserve a little extra thanks, even on my special day. I love you.)