Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Practicing My Bokeh











I recently learned about "bokeh" which is a photography term. It essentially means all the fuzzy, pretty, sparkly lights that blur either in the background or foreground of a photo, with the focal point being tack sharp (or at least as "tack sharp" as I'm able to get - I'm still learning). Sort of like when the background is all hazy and the focal point is really crisp. You see this a lot in portraits. I love this term and I have loved figuring out how to better achieve it with my fancy-pants camera. So indulge me a few shots if you will -- my columbines are at last starting to bloom. And I must admit, they rival the hydrangeas I so adored in the Pacific Northwest for their delicate beauty and startling blue color.

By the way, isn't my youngest absolutely sweet as can be playing in the sandbox? I love his little pudgy fingers.


PS - I managed two blog posts today because, drum roll please....both of my children are napping today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and this is the 2nd day in a row they've done that for me! that never ever ever happens. yippee!!)

No comments: