Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer

I have decided that it is officially summer as of now. I don't care what the calendar says. I'm ready for it. I am ready to hit the pool and splash in the shallows with my boys. I'm ready for 80 degree temps at 9AM. I'm ready for the light afternoon showers that cool the day down while the boys nap. I'm ready to pack pb&j's, potato chips and ripe summer cherries and hit the park for a picnic...even if it is just the park across the street. I'm ready for late evenings spent in our backyard with our neighbors, Lisa and Tyler, enjoying a glass of wine and watching all our kiddos run around chasing the rabbits. I'm ready for bike rides. Sandboxes. Bubbles. Kites. Columbines blooming. Birds chirping at 6AM. Birds still chirping at 8PM. Bare feet. Bare shoulders. Sunscreen. Sunglasses. Sun tea. Big, fluffy pool towels. Bathwater that is beige from all the dirt washed off my kids. Skinned knees. Homemade popsicles. Ice cream from Good Times. Or Coldstone. Or anywhere. Ice cold diet coke. Our first official family camping trip. Our trip to Texas. Train rides. Discovering new parks. Watching the neighborhood come alive with kids and their parents. Summer. Welcome girl, we have missed you!

No comments: