Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mama for Obama


Well boys, it is at long last, an election year. I've never been one to try and make this blog a political one. But I won't let this year pass, or this memory of your childhood pass, without passing along to both of you where your mom and dad are placing their vote this year. It is all about change. And we are ready for it. I hope and pray our country is, too.

The past 8 years have been life changing for your daddy and I. We were newly in love 8 years ago this time. Planning our wedding and our life together. In the past 8 years we have been blessed with the births of you two boys. We have watched you both change, grow and enrich our lives. You boys are what it is all about. We have changed our address 4 times in the last 8 years. We have changed careers and jobs and our lifestyle fairly dramatically in the past 8 years. So many changes, personally, for us. But the change in our country over the past 8 years has not been one filled with as many highs. You boys, one day, can read the history books. You will see it all there in black and white. I hope the historians get it right. But know that now, 2008, it is time for change. Your daddy and I believe in equality for all people. We believe in peace. We believe in reaching out a hand to those who need a lift up. We believe in accountability from our elected officials. We believe in honesty. Integrity. Truthfulness. We are ready to see our country capture that spirit.

Tomorrow I'll go back to posting about mommyhood and the joys, trials, and triumphs that go with having you two kiddos in my life. But for today I pause and show my complete 100% support for Barack Obama for President. I hope one day you will look back at your parents' choices with pride. I know I do for both of my parents. That is what it is all about.





1 comment:

Clover said...

Yea! I've got a crush on Obama!