Thursday, July 17, 2008

Black Toe Down

I think I'm looking for some sympathy here. I am fairly sure I broke my toe earlier today. I stumbled on a flip flop in my cursed laundry room and now the toe next to my big toe on my right foot is purplish black and getting darker by the minute. It also hurts like the dickens. Oh joy!

I just this week broke down and scheduled an appointment with a chiropractor because my neck and back have been giving me trouble again (it has been a recurring issue since I was in college -- the Quack Shack doc on campus actually gave me high strength muscle relaxers back in the day for it. I'm not sure how responsible it is for a doctor who mans a university medical clinic to be handing out dope to young, impressionable college students... but I survived and fortunately for that doc I was a responsible - for the most part - college student who didn't let her new prescription for dope get out of hand...) Whew. Anyhow, so now I will be limping into my new chiropractor's office with a dead toe, to boot (no pun intended). I'm a bit nervous about the chiropractor as I have never been to one before. But I'm somewhat at my wits end with it all and am ready to try something beyond pain meds, heating pads, and forcing my husband to give me nightly back massages. I wonder if the chiropractor can readjust my toe, too?

I am old.

5 comments:

Rose said...

It must be the day for stubbing toes. I hope you get feeling better.

Joey_Veltkamp said...

OH OUCH! So sorry cutie! A broken toe would be awful (or even if it's not -- a black/blue toe!)

Tales from the Crib said...

Thanks for stopping by Rose! Bummer on your toe, too! Feel better!

Joey!! I am so happy to "see" you! Fairly sure it is just sprained and my drama-queen is coming through. Hope you are well! xox

jimbroome said...

OUCH!
I bet a nice glass of wine might help!
Love,
Daddy

Tales from the Crib said...

Ah, good call Dad!! xo