Thursday, July 10, 2008

Random

Decision making can be tough. For example, this evening I felt I had a big choice to make -- chocolate ice-cream with caramel sauce or a glass of yummy Vouvray that Lisa brought over. Lisa's little one has been sick for a week so I doubled my batch of Mexican Lasagna for dinner and took some over to them. In return she brought me a bottle of wine. I think I won on that deal. But seriously, I hope Allie-kins feels better soon. Poor girl. Anyhow, I opted for the chocolate ice-cream. My sweet tooth won out...this time. And I devoured the sundae in minutes. It was soooo delish.

In other weird news. Today I went to put a load of my sons' freshly washed laundry into the dryer. I could not get the dryer to work. I pushed and pulled on the knob and nothing happened. I was stumped. It's not that old of a dryer and it just worked a couple of days ago. So weird. So after fiddling with it for a few minutes I hung up all their clothes to dry on hangers, draped over curtain rods and strewn across bed railings and doors. When Shawn got home from work I told him the dryer was broken and asked if he'd take a look at it. We both went into our (minuscule) laundry room and I turned the knob and pulled on it. Keep in mind, I've lived in this house for 2.5 years now and have probably done hundreds if not thousands of loads of laundry. So Shawn says, "And did you then push the 'on' button after you set it?"

blink. blink.

Oh, yeah. No, I didn't. We both busted out laughing, tears rolling down our cheeks. I could barely breath. I had forgotten to push "on"???? Seriously??? I felt about as crazy as your average Hollywood starlet. I'm still reeling from it. Wow, the crazy genes are pushing hard today.

On second thought, I think I will have a glass of that Vouvray after all...

1 comment:

Clover said...

Hahahahahaha! That's fantastic. :)

If it makes you feel better, yesterday I drove all the way to work before I realized I'd forgotten my laptop. So I went home and got it, drove back to work, parked, walked the 3 blocks to my office, and then realized I left my laptop in the car...

Doh.