Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Vintage Wednesday


Back in the day, before we had a scanner, I actually took a picture of a picture so I could put it online. Silly me.

So for my "Vintage Wednesday" photo, I present: my hubby and me on our wedding day - July 28, 2001. This month Shawn and I celebrate 7 years of marriage. Lucky #7! Our photographer for the big event was amazing -- Young Lee. We seriously spent the biggest portion of our budget (and I do mean budget!) on photos. After all, at the end of the day, what we had left were our memories of that incredible day and the photos of all of our friends and family helping us celebrate our new life together. (Oh yes, and a really big liquor bill). It was truly a magnificent day, and I peruse my photos often to relive the day. This particular photo is a hand painted black and white photo done by Young's wife Jessica. She, too, is an incredible talent.

Oh yeah, and I love my hubby as much today as I did on this day nearly 7 years ago... maybe even more.

4 comments:

Kelly Borchert said...

That is such a beautiful picture Amy...I love it!

Tales from the Crib said...

Ah, thanks Kelly! So nice to hear from you! Hope you all are doing well xox

Joey_Veltkamp said...

don't blame me for that big liquor bill! just because i started before the ceremony did!

Tales from the Crib said...

ha ha Joe, I think there are A LOT of people to blame for that liquor bill!!