- Our first overnighter for Shawn and I, together, without our boys
- Enormous, comfy bed at Inverness Hotel...mid day nap included
- Furniture browsing without yappy kiddos in our wake (at last we have upgraded to a King bed!)
- Bang Bang Shrimp, a good Cabernet and a filet to die for at Bonefish
- Amos Lee at The Gothic Theater (Oh my heavens I love Amos Lee and would like very much to have coffee with him and tell him how much I love him and maybe he would stay at our house awhile and sing us all to sleep - a girl can dream, right?!?)
- Snagging great seats and a great view at a standing room only venue (I'm too old to stand for hours in black high heeled boots - but I'm not too old to wear black high heel boots!)
- A surprising delight in the opening act - Priscilla Ahn
- Our car didn't get towed even though we illegally parked at a Starbuck's (heck, we've bought enough lattes to pay for that parking)
- Going to bed at 1:00 AM
- Sleeping until 9:30 AM
- Brunch, oh the brunch, at the Inverness hotel...five words: all you can eat buffet (and not a chintzy one!), plus views of the golf course. I don't play golf but I can appreciate a view. And did I mention I ate 4 different types of dessert as well as eggs Benedict and bagels and lox?!?!? Not at the same time of course. I had dessert (all 4 of them) after my meal.
- 24 hours of peace and quiet and adult conversation and amazing food and even more amazing music...
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Posted by Crib Tales at 1:30 PM