Sunday, August 17, 2008

Priceless

  • Our first overnighter for Shawn and I, together, without our boys
  • Enormous, comfy bed at Inverness Hotel...mid day nap included
  • Furniture browsing without yappy kiddos in our wake (at last we have upgraded to a King bed!)
  • Bang Bang Shrimp, a good Cabernet and a filet to die for at Bonefish
  • Amos Lee at The Gothic Theater (Oh my heavens I love Amos Lee and would like very much to have coffee with him and tell him how much I love him and maybe he would stay at our house awhile and sing us all to sleep - a girl can dream, right?!?)
  • Snagging great seats and a great view at a standing room only venue (I'm too old to stand for hours in black high heeled boots - but I'm not too old to wear black high heel boots!)
  • A surprising delight in the opening act - Priscilla Ahn
  • Our car didn't get towed even though we illegally parked at a Starbuck's (heck, we've bought enough lattes to pay for that parking)
  • Going to bed at 1:00 AM
  • Sleeping until 9:30 AM
  • Brunch, oh the brunch, at the Inverness hotel...five words: all you can eat buffet (and not a chintzy one!), plus views of the golf course. I don't play golf but I can appreciate a view. And did I mention I ate 4 different types of dessert as well as eggs Benedict and bagels and lox?!?!? Not at the same time of course. I had dessert (all 4 of them) after my meal.
  • 24 hours of peace and quiet and adult conversation and amazing food and even more amazing music...

1 comment:

Debbie said...

How do I sign up for that? Sounds great! Happy late anniversary!!!
Love,
Debbie