Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkins '08




We made our annual trip to the Castle Rock Gift and Garden Pumpkin extravaganza today. As I've said in previous years, I so prefer this nice, clean, safe spot for us to pick our pumpkins, over a traditional pumpkin patch full of mud and mess. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love a good ol' sloppy pumpkin patch, but perhaps in another year or so, when the boys are bit bigger and their attention span is a bit longer. As it stands, this garden center is the perfect place for the boys to hand pick their pumpkins. It also has a haunted house, a hay bale maze, place to pose for posed pictures, and a decent little playground area just for the kids (the highlight of the trip for our boys).

The day was cool and misty, perfect for getting into the spirit of fall and pumpkins and Halloween. We all bundled up in our coziest gear. It's days like this that remind me why I so love living in Colorado. We have honest to God seasons here -- all 4 of them. And today Mother Nature officially introduced us all to fall.

The car ride over - anticipation!

How can you be this handsome...and old?!
My 3 punks

Finding the perfect one

So many pumpkins, so little time...
Just a swing'n
Wheee!!!!!!!!
Oh my gracious, that hat! I love that hat!
Reacting to the sound of the train going by
Ever the adventurous one
"Please oh please can I take this dorky hat off now?!?!"
Bringing home the loot

3 comments:

Dennis Fleming said...

Beautiful family!

Daisie said...

Your little pumpkins are beautiful!!
xxx

jimbroome said...

I was becoming worried that no blogs had been added since Thursday!
Glad to see you all are still going strong!
Love, OP