Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble: A lesson in political correctness

I have no idea if it is politically correct to make Pilgrim and Native American costumes for your kids at Thanksgiving. It used to be fine to do. One of my earliest memories is making a pilgrim apron in Mrs. Hudson's Kindergarten class. I guess I'm not so much worried about the Pilgrims, there are not a lot of them around anymore. But more I'm concerned I'm not supposed to make Native American headdresses, or allow the boys to wear them? I dunno. I like to think I'm a fairly PC kinda gal. But nonetheless, the kids and I made Thanksgiving "hats" yesterday and also hand print turkeys. Remember those? So cute! Jackson wasn't so much into the hats, but Holden wore the feather headdress all day long, and even tried to wear it for nap today.

Apologies if this post doth offend. We had fun, so sue me.

Holden, checking himself out in the mirror
Jackson, tolerating craft time
Holden, a darn cute little Pilgrim if you ask me!


Our big old messy mess.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all. Hope your day is filled with family, friends, good food, and lots and lots of thanks. Gobble gobble.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I think you're ok. Emily made those "hats" at school last week. Surely the public school wouldn't do anything politically incorrect right???:). Missed ya'll on Thursday. Hugs and kisses to all.