Friday, November 14, 2008

Like a Family

Whenever the four of us do something together - read books, watch a movie, go for a walk, etc - Jackson likes to add commentary that we are doing so: "Like a family!" He draws out the word family so that it sounds like "famileeeeeeeee!" He does so with great exuberance and a bit of drama. I have no idea where he got this from, but it tickles me every time. He's so enthusiastic about it, and actually, quite accurate. And it is precisely those quiet moments, when we are all together, like a family, that I hope my boys will remember and cherish. I know that I do. Because life is going by so extremely fast, as I often say, and it is these little moments that may slip through the cracks if we don't make a point to acknowledge them. So yes my sweet little man, whatever we are doing it is "Like a family!" because, yes indeed, we are a family. Always remember that.

No comments: