Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Smarty Pants


Just a warning - I'm going to brag on my child heavily in this post. If anyone is reading it and doesn't want to hear me go on and on about my eldest son, avert your eyes now...

Yesterday was my first parent-teacher conference of the year for Jackson. His school does two a year - one at the beginning, one at the end. He's only in Pre-K so how much pressure could there be? Well, a lot apparently. I was nervous heading to our appointment. But excited, too. School is a rather shut off topic with Jackson. I don't get a whole lot of info from him about his day, so I looked forward to hearing what Ms. Char had to say. I was also a tad nervous because, well, as awesome as Jackson is, he IS four years old. And a strong willed four year old at that. I didn't know what I'd get from it...

Well turns out I have very little to worry about. His teacher absolutely loves Jackson, and says he is so much fun to have in class. He is very, very smart (her words!) and we should be very proud of him (we are). He earned high marks on every task. She said repeatedly how smart he is. I beamed. Of course he has the occasional tantrum at school, but they are improving -- if tantrums can improve. And he's learning to control his body and his words. And he is learning that there are cause and effect for his actions. That is HUGE for him! But all in all, it was a terrific conference, and I almost felt like crying tears of happiness when I left. I'm so proud of my boy. He really does love school (just like his mama), and he flourishes there. We are so proud!

At bedtime I shared with him some of Ms. Char's comments -- the good and the not so good. That lead to a discussion about him going to Kindergarten next year and I almost had to pull him off the ceiling he got so excited. He cannot wait to go to "big kid school." And possibly even ride the bus. I'm not completely ready for him to grow up so fast, but what a fun ride it is watching him grow and learn and mature.

Way to go Mr. Smarty Pants! Daddy and I are so proud of you!

3 comments:

jimbroome said...

Way to goKackson!
Love,
OP

jimbroome said...

I MEAN JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry I'm not as smart as a pre-K student
I can't spell!
LOVE
OP

ECHeasley said...

ok Amy - You're really starting to freak me out. You keep bloggin about things that I've been meaning to. I have jammy pics sitting on the camera (for some reason I just love putting them in matching PJs). I had a great Parent teacher conference for both the kids and meant to post something. I sent Leah to school with a short with pilgram and indians on it and was terrified that wasn't the PC thing to do. Gee are we at the same place n life or what....you're just more motivated to keep you blog up to date. Hey I might be in Colorado Springs in May for a users conference. I might take an extra day to go exploring CO (if I can stand to be away from the kids that long) so you'll have to clue me in on where to go.