Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ah Norman, you got it all wrong

A Norman Rockwell Christmas - come on, we all strive for it. We all envision it. We all imagine the perfect tree, the children beautifully dressed and well mannered, a delicious meal with all the trimmings coming together at the exact right moment, etc. You know what I'm talking about. And yet, how often does that vision really happen? Um, yeah, never. But the moments of imperfection are the ones I think I'll remember in the long run...

Gingerbread House in the making
Well on the way to perfection
10 minutes later when the thing collapsed and we let the boys have at it
Happy Boy
Very Happy Boy

Our snowman lost his nose and one of his eyes, and broke his arm
Happy as can be in Santa's lap, until Mom backed up to take the picture, then all hell broke loose. I promise I didn't force my son into this picture! He was actually quite excited just 1 minute prior!
"Well if Holden's not doing it, neither am I!"
"NEVER again Mommy!"
"Back it up lady, no more pics!"

2 comments:

Debbie said...

We had the same experience making a Haunted House at Halloween. Hot glue works great,well better than icing. Although it was quite difficult to keep Emily from eating it.

Tales from the Crib said...

LOL, hot glue?? Seriously! Of course you are serious, that is too funny!