Monday, December 29, 2008

Weeeee!

The boys love their new Wii from OP and Cracker. They argue with me pretty much all day long about when they can play Batman on the Wii. Seriously, Holden is two. TWO! But they have fun and play together pretty well, so that's something. I've set up a system for how long they can play. Each kiddo gets 6 slash marks next to their name on our message chalkboard. Each slash represents 10 minutes of Wii playtime. They can do 30 minutes of a sit down game (ie Batman) and 30 minutes of an active game (ie boxing, bowling). Then that is it. No more playtime. If they misbehave during the day 10 minutes are deducted each time. Today they got 30 minutes of playtime, so you can figure out how this mid-winter-post-Christmas behavior thing is going. (I can't wait for school to start up again).

As for myself, I've given the Wii a go. It is complex, and I'm still figuring it all out. I bowled the best game of my life last night in bowling - which makes me think that perhaps it is set a touch too easy, as I am a terrible bowler. I'm not sure how it compares to the Wii of my youth - Atari, Intelevision, ColecoVision... I mean how could it? The basics of those graphics were leaps and bounds above the Wii. OK, I jest. They were a couple of pixels shooting at each other, but as a kid those game systems were the thing. Just as captivating. Just as enthralling. And now that I think about it, I don't recall Mom putting any restrictions on our playtime with the Intelevision? And I turned out just fine (relatively speaking). Hmmm...maybe all day Wii IS the answer to our mid-winter-post-Christmas behavior thing going on. I'll have to think on that.

Oh yes, and finally, I made the boys a two bedroom house out of all the cardboard we collected over the holidays. I'm not kidding. Weee!

1 comment:

CharleyJax said...

Amy, I want to see the house!! The boys have one, but it's just one big box... I'm thinking of making a family room "addition" with Christmas boxes, but I'm not sure where to put it.
Happy New Year!
Beki
(ps- DH says he will help with the bigger pics... send the blog an email. I don't have your address.)