Thursday, January 22, 2009

'sup

There is much going on in our house. The Hope For Kyra Benefit and Silent Auction is on Monday. Yikes! And it has sold out! I'm heads down working out the final details, along with of course the amazing team of ladies in our neighborhood. I'm thrilled we are going to be able to have such a great turn out supporting Kyra. She continues to be in our thoughts and prayers daily.

And to add to the stress level of our lives, we have decided to move. No, not out of town, just to a slightly bigger house. We have been busily tidying up our house, make minor improvements, and just getting it ready to list. It goes up next week. We are super excited to look for a bigger house. We have needed it since, well, since we moved into this house. It is a good time to buy (though not the best time to sell...) so we are trying to take advantage of that. My key requirements are bedrooms for everybody, including one for guests (no more couch for our mamas!), and no oak cabinets. ha ha. Shawn's big requirements are a finished basement, and a three car garage. I guess he thinks he's getting a Ferrari or something for that third space. Either way, it should be a very exciting next few months. Stay tuned...

And the boys. Well, they have been such troupers with all the goings on. I've been so heads down in the auction, that they have played more than their fair share of the Wii. But thank goodness that they are at least entertained and having fun. I did sneak in a picnic today - can you imagine, a picnic in January in Colorado??! Yup, we are having some crazzzy weather here!. And Grammy will be here tomorrow to help me out so I can focus on the event. Once again, we are so lucky to have family near enough that we can count on them when we are in need.

This post isn't funny or irreverent or really that exciting, but it's what's happening in our little neck of the woods. We'll catch up more soon!

Oh, yes, and if you haven't had a chance to check out my photography blog, I've gone commercial! I'm adding a dash more stress to our days by starting my own photography business. I don't know where it will take me, but I'm excited to follow this passion of mine. I've had lots of great feedback from the photo shoots I've already gotten under my belt, and I look forward to more bookings. I love telling a family's love story via photographs.

Check it out: http://cribtalesphotos.blogspot.com/

peace out!

No comments: