Friday, March 13, 2009

"Back in my day..."

Another list. I'm full of them. I think it's unusual to think about the things that are or will be every-day items for my boys, but were not always around in my lifetime. Or at least not commonly so. I may be 35 years young, but there are countless innovations that have come along in my lifetime. It fascinates me more to think about what is going to come around in their lifetime that their futre children will make fun of.

  • cellular phones / mobile phones
  • heck, cordless phones!
  • answering machines, voicemail, texting, blogging
  • oh yeah, computers in general
  • printers (obviously)
  • the Internet
  • crayola markers
  • fruit snacks
  • box drinks
  • hybrid vehicles
  • vcr's and dvd's
  • cd's
  • tapes (my boys are saying "huh?" right about now)
  • 8 tracks (more huh?)
  • battery operated toys
  • Transformers
  • cheese sticks
  • Entire stores dedicated to home improvement (Home Depot, Lowes)
  • More than 3 channels on the TV
  • Owning more than one TV per household
  • HBO
  • Walkman
  • iPods
  • glue guns
  • Target
  • Sugarfree gum
  • Sugar Free Kool-Aid
  • Peanut M&M's
  • Pizza Delivery
  • Home Video Game Systems ("in my day it was called Atari and it was the Wii of my generation...)
  • $4.00 cups of coffee
  • Carseats for children
I'll probably think of more, and will add to my list. Feel free to add more in the comments section!

7 comments:

Kimi said...

This is fun!
Digital Cameras/Camcorders
Roller Blades
100 Calorie Packs
Beepers/Pagers
Belly Button Rings (boys-ask your mom about that!)
Colored Contacts
Coke Zero
Energy Drinks (i.e. Red Bull)
That's all I have for now, but I am sure I will think of more!

Tales from the Crib said...

good ones Kimi!

Debbie said...

GPS, Cable, DVR, laptops, Sirius Radio

Debbie said...

Webkinz

Kimi said...

Flat Screen TVs
HDTV

Tales from the Crib said...

LOL, I have funny, awesome sisters. Remember our Intelevision and how AWESOME we thought it was??? I mean, it was awesome, but sheesh, compared to the Wii...forgetaboutit!

Debbie said...

What about the Video Disk Player. I think Dad was the only one on earth that bought one of those.