Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Soccer Mom

It is now official, I am a soccer mom. I mean, isn't that what happens when you pack it in and head to the 'burbs? Next up is my mini-van -- kidding (though I drive a wagon, so close enough)! I relish my soccer mom role, and am thrilled watching Jackson on the field. Better yet, Daddy is the coach, so I get to watch 2 of my favorite guys on the field (and another favorite playing off the field, pretending to be on the field). There are 8 little boys on the team (it is a mixed league but there are no girls on our team for whatever reason). They all chase the ball in a herd. Occasionally they score in the wrong goal. Water breaks are frequent. But always there are smiles and cheers and good sports all around, thanks I'm sure in part to their awesome coach. Who, don't tell, has a really cute tush.

Coach Shawn giving the team a pep talk
Player #8, lighting up the field
And a little dancing from #8 to encourage the team to victory
Ready for his shot (we are not allowed to keep score, but the kid made 2 goals in his first game!)

Holden making a friend and playing a little ball on the side

5 comments:

jimbroome said...

Amy.......Soccer is my sport!!!!!!!!

Tales from the Crib said...

you should come up and watch him play, hint hint! (we'll have the room in 2 days time!)

Debbie said...

Look at him play. He must take after his mom and Aunt Kimi, NOT his Aunt Debbie that's for sure.

Tales from the Crib said...

Are you kidding me?? He does NOT get any athletic abilities from me. Shawn most likely. Maybe OP or Aunt Kimi. But definitely not me.

Tales from the Crib said...

now the dancing and dramatics, I'll take credit for that...