Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Five


My little man is turning five. What can I say about five? Five of the craziest, most amazing, challenging, truth bearing, loving, learning, living, inspiring years of my life. Our life. I'm not sure what Shawn and I expected five years ago on this day. I know we were shell shocked after many, many hours of labor and pushing. I know that nursing was not as easy as I expected. I know that I felt completely wiped out when that gorgeous babe finally came rushing into this world, somewhat like a fish flopping onto a dry deck. I know that we still haven't caught up on sleep yet. I know that we felt like three people on a small island, floating along by ourselves, for the first 2 weeks of that beautiful child's life. I know it has not been easy. I know it has not been all fun. I know it has been a great deal of work. I know I have not been perfect. Far from it. I know that love comes in many forms. I know that miracles happen. I know that being a parent is the most amazing journey a soul can take. I know that I am grateful beyond words for the partner that follows me on this journey. I never knew I could love this much.

And so today you turn five Jackson, my sweet, sweet son. I wish for you on this day, what I wish for you on every day -- happiness, peace, joy, love. At the age of five you are a beautiful, bright, funny, intelligent, perceptive and spirited child. You are loved beyond words.

And I wish to you a very happy fifth birthday. I can't wait to see what "five" has in store for us. I love you buddy, xoxo, Mommy

5 comments:

jimbroome said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jackson. Have a great day!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Jack!
Love,
Allison, Micaela, Emily, Aunt Debbie, and Uncle Ed
We love you!!!

Kimi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON! I can't believe you are already five! Hope you have a HAPPY HAPPY Birthday! Love you lots!
Aunt Kimi, Uncle Bob, and Rachel
(and Bubba gives a big howl to you too!)

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! Hope it was a wonderful day! And to mama Amy, you have a beautiful boy and I hope you enjoyed his birthday!

Kay (carsonsmommy) said...

Wow -- 5 years already. Can you believe it? Please tell Jackson that his (almost) due-date buddy wishes him the best for the coming year. Kindergarten, here we come!

Kay
Evan, 5/16/04
Noah, 6/29/07