Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pictures from Texas

So back into reality. Today we spent the day sprucing up the yard a bit. There's not much to the landscaping in the new place, and though we have loads of plans for it, they are somewhat on the back burner, likely until next year. So we spruced up what we have, and enjoyed the Colorado sunshine. I'm excited for the week ahead, which includes us meeting Jackson's Kindergarten teacher, and a family trip to see the Rockies play. I loves me some ballpark hot dogs!

Any who, here are a few more pics from our recent rendezvous in Texas. I'm loving being back in the great (cooler) state of Colorado, but of course I miss my family a great deal, especially after such a fun trip as this past one. But I'm glad to hear Mom is healing well. And my nieces are off to various camps. And Kimi's back in Dallas. Etc. Life goes on I suppose. Maybe I can talk them all into a visit this fall (hint! hint! Thanksgiving is open...)!!

Holden's special day. We had him Baptized at my home church, St. Christopher's. Father Haney has since retired but we were fortunate to have a wonderful service with their new (very witty) priest, Father Edson. Holden was so angelic during the service, despite a big dousing during the ceremony. I am so glad we were able to have it done at the same church where I and the rest of my family were all Baptized. It just feels like "home" there.

My sisters and I. Debbie (oldest), Kimi (youngest), Me (middle child syndrome)

SILLY kids. My niece Emily, Jackson and Holden, playing at OP's pool.
And impromptu game of duck-duck-goose (or goose-goose-duck to Holden). My nieces Allison, Micaela and Emily.
Our family at Holden's Baptism.
The cousins
Em and Jack - 2 peas in a pod. 2 months apart, and they look like twins.
A whole heap of crazy kids

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the pictures.
Debbie

Tales from the Crib said...

It was SUCH a great trip. The boys are still talking about everyone! Hope your trip is going well!